Looking for a cocktail that will impress on New Year's Eve? We've got the recipe for you!
All you need is orange juice, lemon juice, vodka and a nice sweet & tart fruit tea. We made this for one of our December Tea Box teas, Coastal Cranberry Spice, but you can use any herbal tea that has ingredients like cranberries (or other dark berries), hibiscus, lemongrass and citrus.
2 mandarin oranges, peeled, or 2 ounces of orange juice (1/4 cup)
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
2 tsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice (sweeten as desired)
2-4 oz vodka
- Steep 2 teaspoons of Coastal Cranberry Spice tea in three ounces of boiling water for 5 minutes. Strain out the tea leaves.
- If using mandarin oranges, blend the peeled oranges with the tea (use a heatproof blender or wait for the tea to cool).
- Fill a mason jar or cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the orange juice, tea, lemon juice, maple syrup and vodka to the jar or shaker.
- Shake well
- Strain into two cocktail glasses.
You can pre-squeeze the lemon and steep a pot of the cranberry tea and chill it in the fridge ahead of time if you'll be serving multiple cocktails.