This rose matcha latte tastes like Spring in a cup! Start your morning with the energizing benefits of matcha in a creamy latte sweetened with rose-infused simple syrup. Enjoy it hot or poured over ice - it's delicious either way. Don't forget the rose petal garnish if you're feeling extra!
- 1 tsp Amoda Japanese Matcha or Amoda Ceremonial Matcha + 1/4 cup hot water
- 1-2 tsp rose infused syrup* (see below)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened milk of your choice
- optional: rose petals to garnish
- 1 cup food-grade rose water
- 1 cup sugar
- First, start by making a rose-infused simple syrup. Add the rose water and sugar to a small saucepan and bring to a boil - do not stir. Once boiling, lower the heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer the syrup to a clean glass container and allow to cool. Store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Whisk the matcha with 1/4 cup of hot water until frothy.
In a glass, add the milk and a handful of ice. Stir in a tablespoon of the rose syrup. If you prefer it less sweet, start with 1 teaspoon and adjust as needed.
Lastly, pour over the whisked matcha and stir to combined. Top with rose petals.
To make a hot latte, simply follow the steps above, but omit the ice, and steam your milk before adding the rose syrup and matcha.