Matcha lemonade is probably the easiest and most tasty summer drink you can make. It's also easy to make for one person or for 10. We choose to muddle with frozen berries so that the lemonade gets sweetened up and we can add less sugar.
To make 1-2 servings you will need:
- 1/2 to 1 tsp of matcha (We use our Classic Matcha First Harvest)
- 1 lemon
- frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (or however much you want to add!)
Our method uses an electric frother:
- heat water to 70°C- 80°C (160°F-175°F).
- put your matcha in the bottom of a glass or mason jar.
- add 1 oz of hot water and your sugar to the matcha
- use your electric frother to whisk the matcha
- drop in 3-5 raspberries and muddle into the matcha mix
- add ice to your glass and top the glass up with cold water.
Don't have a milk frother? No problem!
- Add ice, raspberries & water to a jar that has a lid.
- It's best if you have a sieve or a tea strainer (even a tea ball would work). Sift your matcha through the sieve and into a jar. Sifting will make sure the matcha doesn't clump in the next step, which is shaking like mad!
- So, put the lid on and shake!
Without the hot water, you'll want to sweeten with liquid sugar or agave. Or, you could dissolve sugar in a bit of water and add it to the jar before shaking.
WANT TO MAKE A JUG OF MATCHA LEMONADE?
- 6 tsp of matcha
- 6 lemons
- 4 cups of water
- 6 tablespoons of sugar (you might want more!)
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries
- 6 glasses of ice
Whisk the matcha in the base of the jug with a cup of hot water and your sugar/sweetener. Muddle the raspberries into the mixture. Squeeze all the lemons into the jug. Add the water. We like to pour over glasses of ice, but you can also add the ice directly to the jug.