London Fog in an irresistible and easy to make cake. This tea cake bakes up like a pound cake - moist, buttery and incredibly delicious. We promise you'll love the combination of lemon zest with earl grey. This tea cake whips up super quick too! We use our instant London Fog earl grey powder, so there's no waiting time to steep in the earl grey flavour. Give it a try!
1/2 cup butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oat milk
- 6 tsp London Fog latte powder
1 1/2 cups flour (we used Bob's Red Mill 1:1 gluten free)
1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 325ºF and grease a loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Soften the butter. Combine with the maple syrup and sugar and use an electric beater to beat the mixture well.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well each time.
- Heat your oat milk, add the London Fog powder and stir to fully dissolve. Pour into the bowl with the wet ingredients and continue to beat well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients and the lemon zest to the wet ingredients and mix to combine well.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. To check if it's done, use a toothpick, insert into the loaf and if it comes out clean, your tea cake is ready.
- Let your tea cake cool for 10 minutes then remove from the pan and place it on a wire rack to let cool before slicing.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea!
Shop London Fog, our Adaptogen Tea Latte >>