Who would have thought you could make milkshakes out of tea? Tea works so well as a natural way to flavour your desserts. Try your favourite tea as a milkshake following the simple recipe below.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons Red Sunrise rooibos or any tea flavour you'd like in your milkshake
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream & orange slice for topping (optional)
- Steep your tea according to the label directions. For Red Sunrise Rooibos, steep for 7 minutes. Make sure you cover your tea while it steeps!
- Remove/strain the tea leaves and allow to fully cool.
- Once cooled, add ice cream and tea into a blender and blend until smooth. If the milkshake is a little thick, add a splash of milk. If it’s too thin, add more ice cream.
- Serve in a glass. Top with whipped cream and a fresh orange slice if desired. Enjoy!