Having friends and family over for the holidays? These tea-infused poached pears are super delicious, and easy to prepare for a crowd. Serve this light, festive treat with yogurt and granola for an elegant breakfast, or with vanilla ice cream for an indulgent desert.
- 2 tablespoons Blueberry Buttermilk Short Stack Pancakes black tea
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 firm & ripe pears, peeled, cored and halved
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Bring water to a boil in a pot. Add the black tea and steep 5 minutes.
- Remove tea leaves. Stir in sugar. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Place pears in the pot (cut side down) and cook on low heat until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove pears from the pot and allow to cool.
- 5. Let the poaching liquid continue to simmer until it thickens slightly into a syrup.
- 6. Plate pears with a drizzle of the poaching syrup. Serve with your favourite yogurt and granola or vanilla ice cream.
Try Blueberry Buttermilk Short Stack Pancakes and all of our holiday teas in the Holiday Tea Box.