These mouthwatering sweet potato muffins feature warming turmeric and ginger to help heal your body while solving all of your baked-good cravings. They are so easy to make and are gluten-free and plant-based!
Curious about the healing power of turmeric? Read more here!
- 1 small sweet potato, roasted or boiled (should be about 1 cup, packed)
- Flax egg (3 tbsp. Ground flaxseed in ½ cup of water (let the flaxseed sit in water for 10 minutes)
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or unpasteurized honey
- 1 ¼ cup 1-2-1 gluten -free flour (or regular flour)
- 1 tbsp. Aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 sachet or tsp of Golden Turmeric or Golden Hour
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Option to peel and boil your sweet potato until soft; Or, use a skewer to make a dozen or more holes in your sweet potato skin, then cook it on a baking tray for an hour, or until soft.
- Allow potato to cool, and then cut it in half and scoop out the insides into a large bowl. Add the flaxseed, coconut milk, olive oil, and maple syrup. Combine until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients, then add these to the potato mixture and stir until properly combined.
- Oil your muffin tray thoroughly with coconut oil, then pour the batter evenly into the muffin tray so that each one is approximately ⅔ full.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes.
Enjoy! Let us know what you think in the comments below!