Everyone loves a good cup of tea in the morning, but have you ever thought about putting tea in a fluffy stack of pancakes?! Try this recipe with your favourite black tea, or a chocolate flavoured tea for Valentine's Day! Garnish with fresh fruit, a dusting of icing sugar, and you have the perfect breakfast in bed for you, or your loved one. Don't forget a cup of tea on the side!
- 2 teaspoons black tea (try a chocolate flavoured one!)
- 1 cup boiled water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Steep tea in freshly boiled water for 5 minutes, covered. Let cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add tea, egg, vanilla and oil to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Heat a greased pan to medium-low heat. Slowly pour about 1/4 cup of pancake batter on the pan into the shape of a heart. Fry on each side until golden brown.
Alternatively, if you have a heart shaped cookie cutter, spray the inside and place on the pan. Pour batter inside and fry until bubbles form on the surface. Remove cookie cutter and carefully flip to fry the other side until golden brown.
- Serve with fresh fruit and enjoy immediately.